Wednesday, October 26, 2011

RED RUM..Or should I say RED ROOM

So, tomorrow night is The American College of the Building Art's annual Red Party. It is a fantastic Halloween party in Charleston at the Old City Jail. When the "beau" informed me that we would be attending, I scratched my head a little and thought, what in the world will I wear to a red party? Red is not my color. It is not my color for an outfit or lipstick and it is certainly not my color for decorating. But it got me thinking, is there a red room out there or ways you can use pops of red in a room that is klassy, not trashy? (And yes, that is klassy with a k.) Well, I found my answer, yes, there is. Here are some examples of using this vixen color in a pretty fab way.

Oh, and not to worry folks, I figured out a perfect outfit with the perfect pop of red.

Love this turquoise kitchen with it's vintage look and perfect pop of red.

Red pagoda wall paper, I am a fan!

Love these red velvet benches. Wish this look was in a house instead of a showroom with it's ugly example of red, an exit sign.

A perfect dining room by Tobi Fairley.

Loving this Suzanne Kasler design. That red wall just catches the eye.

Tiniest pops of red with a huge impact.

The red room in the White House. Designed by Jackie Kennedy Onassis, with Nancy Reagan looking stunning in it. Love!

This is more of a version of a red room. Digging the turquoise foo dog.

From Elle Decor. What really caught my eye is the antique oushak rug. If only I could get my hands on that sucker.

This room makes me feel like I should be laying on that couch talking about my life problems. Love that wall.

Simple yet a little sassy.

Textile Queen, Lisa Fine's Paris Apartment.

Don't love this room but love the red lacquered chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment