Friday, October 21, 2011

Birds of a Feather


I really love birds. They are so peaceful in the sky and they sing such sweet songs. And you have got to love those peacock feathers. The problem is, birds hate me. I have a horrible track record with them. There was the pigeon in Spain who assumed that I was a bathroom. The attacking birds that lived outside my front door in the Cayman Islands. They liked to dive bomb me every time I was with in five feet of their tree. And then of course there was the tragic deaths of my brothers parakeets. All I can say is, it was an accident.

No matter how bad my luck with birds has been I will always love looking at them in the sky or in a tree. But lately, I have loved looking at them on a wall. I have fallen in love with all of the different wallpapers out there with these gorgeous creatures soaring across. From ostrich's to parrots, a print with birds brings a room to such a different level of elegance and sophistication. And luckily for me, I can look at them all day with out one worry of something going wrong.


Love the canary yellow.

A room by designer Sarah Story.

One of my favorites. Designed by Natalie Clayman.

How can a bunch of ostrich's with their heads in the sand
not bring a smile to your face. A room by Michelle Adams.

Attack of the sparrow's. Had to throw a DON'T in here somewhere. EEK!

Simple, soft, sweet.

Love how the bold orange chairs pop on the soft green wall.

The statue is terrifying, of course. But the wallpaper is fantastic.

Love the pops of color in this room.

I think wallpaper on the ceiling is extremely under rated.

Yes, please. A dressing room at Trina Turk.

Shabby chic is not always my thing but I am digging the bird cages in this room.

Could have gone wrong but it works.

Slightly dated but still fabulous. Makes me want some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment