Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Like Velvet!



For me, velvet makes me think of royalty, childhood Christmas dresses, and most importantly the velvet Elvis painting that was in my 7th grade history teacher's classroom.

Velvet brings on all sorts of thoughts and feelings. But something that velvet should make everyone feel when used in interior design is warmth. I think adding velvet to any room no matter how cold the rest of the decor can bring an element of warmth like no other fabric. It is a fabric that can be used anywhere. Whether it be a sofa, drapes, or a tufted head board. Adding a simple pop of velvet is fantastic almost anywhere

Here are a few examples of how velvet really enhanced some great spaces and pieces.


Purple velvet. Yes, please!

Chesterfield sofa in gray velvet. Perfect pairing.

Yellow velvet on a silver Louis chair! Hello!!

Charcoal velvet chairs in a crisp white bedroom.

One of my favorite ways to do a padded headboard. Tufted velvet. Also love the fur throw.

Can't go wrong with simple velvet drapes.

I think there is a bolt of velvet this in my basement. I like it even more, now that
I have seen it on this chair.

Love a little bit of a Parisian feel in this NYC apartment. Blue velvet sofa really
pulls the room together.

Chocolate brown velvet. Makes me think of the drapes my mother made. Love!

Liking the black on black.

Another tufted velvet head board. Loving the wallpaper too.

A velvet Elvis annnd Jesus! Just could not resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment