Monday, March 28, 2011

The Perfection of Pink


March 29, 2011
I love just about any bright color. Whether it is green, orange, turquoise or yellow, I love them all. But I especially love the color PINK! Pink is a color that gives me happy thoughts.

Pink makes me think of my family. Such as my grandmother’s Pepto Bismol pink house in Florida, or my beautiful niece Elizabeth in her bright pink tutu. It makes me think of times in my life. Living in the Cayman Islands, being surrounded by pink all day at the Lilly Pulitzer shop where I worked and driving down the coast line passing more little pink Caymanian beach shacks than one could ever count. It is a color that brings me true happiness.

With that being said, what does not make me very happy is that lingerie shops and tattooed pop singers (who shall remain nameless) have highjacked this color of happiness! How could they turn something so beautiful to something so tacky? Pink is a color and a way of life, not just a word written across your behind on sweatpants. So, the following pictures are to honor Pink and the true meaning of it.


Some like it hot. Hot pink that is.

La Vie en rose

Pink diamonds are a girls best friend.

Marilyn agrees.

Betsy Johnson's pinktastic apartment.

If I were a ten year old girl and this was my room, I would do anything to get grounded.

The king and queen of pink. My fabulous grandparents.

A pink and brown Quadrille toile de jouy in House Beautiful.

The princess of pink. The amazing Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau

I will take the closet and the Birkin please.

Love, love, love!

Some great pink pops out of Elle Decor.

My dream cottage in the Cayman's.

Another fab room in Elle Decor.

One pop star who knows how to use pink. Love Gwen in her Dior.

Charleston is one city who knows how to wear pink!

Another fab closet with just the right amount of pink.

Me, champagne and a giant pink chair! What more could a girl ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment