Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coffee table, foot rest. "Tomato, Tomahto".

May 10, 2011
When looking at coffee tables the other day, my mom asked a funny question; "Where do coffee tables even get there name?" I thought, what an excellent question. When I drink coffee I don't exclusively have it sitting on the table almost always placed in the middle of a sitting area. I commonly use that table for books, decorative trinkets, a place to rest my lap top and most importantly a place to put my feet up. So I went ahead and looked up the origin of one of the most important furnishings you can have in your living room. Much to my disappointment there really was not answer on why it is called a coffee table accept that it is used to serve coffee. Wikipedia, you stink! So, with out further adieu here are some great "coffee" tables or for me some great foot rests!


A great marble top coffee table looks great in almost any room.

Very modern, in an NYC loft.
Chinese Chippendale inspired in Coastal Living.

Love the all white room, love the white lacquer table!

Two low side tables next to each other are always a great look.

Really, I just like the giant piece of coral on top of this simple table. Everyone should have a giant piece of coral in their house. I do. Do you?

A great new company, OOMPH.

And octagon ottoman. A great twist. And looks like a comfy place for my feet.

I have posted this divine room before and I thought it deserved a second round. I lika da Greeks and I like the greek key design on the table.

You can never go wrong with lucite. Repeat, you can NEVER go wrong with lucite.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment