Thursday, October 13, 2011

Equestrian Chic


Let me start by saying, I am not a horse person. Both my sister and my mother rode. I got on a horse once when I was little and immediately wanted to get off. I remember it being consuming to some girls. You know the ones. The girls that galloped down the school hallway and took their plastic horses out of their backpacks during lunch. Personally, I just didn't get it.
Now what I do get it is the look of equestrian chic. Both in fashion and interior design. Just because I don't like to actually ride a horse, it does not mean I do not absolutely love fantastic leather riding boots, cashmere herringbone blazers, a classic vintage Hermes saddle mounted on the wall or a divine equine painting.
Sometimes I certainly would not mind living in one of those Ralph Lauren ads. Spending your days with your dogs and horses in a place like Middleburg, VA. Oh what a life it would be. But for a girl who will never be an equestrian, I guess I will just have to settle with slipping into my fab Ralph riding boots and hopping on the coin operated horse outside the grocery store. So, to help you bring out your inner equestrian here are some great examples of equestrian chic.


One of Beauregard's personal favorites.
The royalty of equestrian, Princess Charlotte of Monaco.

A great room for eating your dinner after your pheasant hunt.

HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, perfectly styled for a day of english side saddle.

Nothing like a pop of Hermes orange.

My mothers go to pants, Ralph Lauren jodhpurs.

Love the modern take on equestrian chic.

Yes, please!

Ralph Lauren Chesterfield sofa

Everything in this picture is vintage perfection.

A design by Summer Thornton.

A go to for great colors, Ralph Lauren paints.

Hermes, riding boots. Such a tease!

Design duo Badgley Mischka's master bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment